At Downham Market Academy we recognise the impact that bullying can have on the wellbeing of young people and as such, we have robust mechanisms in place to ensure that:
- Reporting bullying is simple
- Reports of bullying are handled sensitively
- Follow up action with the victim and bully is timely, thorough and tailored to the individual circumstance, taking into account the wishes of the victim
- A record is kept of all instances of bullying such that patterns can be identified
- The impact of any action taken is evaluated during follow up discussions with the victim
- Good practise is shared with other colleagues
We are very proud to have been designated as a “United Against Bullying” school at Bronze level by the prestigious Anti Bullying Alliance.
We appreciate that it can be quite daunting to report bullying and to make this easier, we will always work with the victim to make it stop.